The Red River Historical Society is dedicated to fostering the appreciation, study and preservation of historical materials, and to encouraging the continuing interest in the history of Red River and surrounding area.
- To perpetuate the memory and spirit of the men and women who founded Red River and who have maintained its existence over the decades
- To assist in the preservation of historical sites and buildings.
- To provide public access to historical documents, and artifacts as they relate to area history in mining, agriculture, business, technology.
On January 25, 1983, twenty-one community members held an organizational meeting to establish the Red River Historical Society. In 1999 the RRHS was granted the right to maintain a museum in the school house.
Board of Directors:
- Michael Ritterhouse, President
- Timothy Collver, Vice President
- Linda Saint, Treasurer
- Marla Neuwirth, Secretary
- Lacy Hickam
- Ellen Miller-Goins
- Judy Richardson
- Sara Saint-Hogan
- Carol Stedham
We offer books written by local historians, maps, posters- Teachers Rules and Student Rules, post cards of the Little Red School House, DVDs on historical lectures and history of the Red River Ski Area — all available at the Little Red School House Museum.